I thought I’d start up a little weekly post each Sunday. I have really enjoyed writing something similar on my healthy living blog– it is nice to have a space to talk about little things going on in my life, what I’m up to and what I’m enjoying, so I thought I’d try it out with Chambray & Curls. Let me know what you think? Anyway, this week I have been…
Doing: research for our Barcelona trip and getting really excited. It looks so beautiful, a photography dream I think. I’m so looking forward to a little adventure with my guy too. A few years ago we went to Budapest for a few days, and one of my favourite memories ever was when, after a day of exploring the city, we spent an evening sat on the riverbank opposite their amazing houses of Parliament, just talking and laughing as the sun set, before walking back to our hotel along the riverside. Little moments in a new place can be so special. I’m excited for new memories.
Loving: Bourgois Java Rice Illuminating Powder. So glowy! I have even been wearing just a sweep of this over a bit of undereye concealer and loving it. I’ve been intrigued by light-diffusing setting powders for a while (I’m looking at you Kevin Aucoin powders) and they might just be magic. There are some biggish glitter pieces in this, and it is definitely pink toned, so it isn’t perfect, but gosh it is definitely more wallet friendly so I’m only allowing myself this! If only they could bring out more versions!
Wearing: A gorgeous teal cashmere scarf I got at Christmas from my Aunt and Uncle. It is so unbelievably soft and cosy.The only problem is that I now wish all my jumpers were cashmere! Champagne tastes, lemonade budget…
Eating: Shakshuka! We finally made this tomato and egg dish, from Ottolenghi’s recipe, and it was so fricking tasty. And so simple. And cheap. I now cannot stop thinking about it and almost want to request it for dinner every night. Which then means I’ll get sick of it and not want it anywhere near me for the next 6 months, so I’m restraining myself.
Daydreaming: Of pretty picnics inside my landrover! The picture at the top of this post has reminded me I really want to give old Roxanne a clean up in the spring. She could do with a little bit of love, and that white paint on the inside, plus the old blankets? Just lovely. We should take some gentle roadtrips.
Links of the Week
- This advert by Mercedes has made me laugh so much, I keep rewatching it. Chickens are brilliant
- I loved this post about living in a small space. The boy and I are likely to end up in a teeny space at some point when we rent, and it is nice to remember that things can work! How gorgeous is their home?
- Hannah at Dimples Diaries wrote a fab post about ethical undies- a great project and a great product. Especially nice to read as I am trying to hunt for better choices for my purchases than the high street offers.
- Carrie at Carrie Brighton has been doing some particularly lovely posts recently, her photos and styling are just getting better and better. A lady after my own heart, I particularly like her red lip and nail choices
- FiFi McGee’s tips on How to Survive the January Blues are right on point and I keep popping back to them to remind myself to be cheery in this long grey and chilly month. Perfect for a Sunday pep-up.